Monday, January 31, 2011

Blissful Mac at Bliss


A couple of weeks ago, after a very productive HRC Gala planning meeting (yippee for equal marriage rights!), we decided to have dinner at Bliss/ReBar a restaurant/bar (respectively) in the Roosevelt District of Downtown Phoenix. 

Naturally, the first thing that caught my eye was the macaroni and cheese. However, I'd already had four servings of Macaroni and Cheese that week, so I was a little cheesed out. Shocking, I know. 

Luckily, I was able to peer pressure my friend Nathan into ordering the 'Mac and Cheese Loaded' so that I could rudely reach across the table (multiple times) to sample it (read: shove flavorful forkfuls into my mouth). 


The Macaroni and Cheese came out looking a little soupy, but it wasn't. The cheese consistency was gloriously oozy and creamy and the sauce/pasta/chicken/bacon/stuff ratio was spot on.

Here is Nathan's review'



Cheese… Check
Bacon… Check
More Cheese… Check
Noodles… Check
More Cheese… CHECK!
The Bliss/Rebar Mac & Cheese could quite possibly be the cheesiest – just don’t tell Kraft. But this certainly is not made from cheese powder, not only is it the cheesiest – it is probably the creamiest Mac & Cheese I have ever had. It is so rich and flavorful, if I didn’t have a pretty good idea as to what the ‘nutrition facts’ might look like, I could eat it three times a week!

*******************************************************

Please forgive the shitty iPhone photos. 

Happy cheesing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment