Monday, February 7, 2011

Mac Daddy and Cheese Balls




My girlfriend suggested Fred62 which is in a really cute part of town.

My expectations were quite high when the menu revealed a dish named “Mac Daddy and Cheese Balls.”  I was pleasantly surprised when the nine beautiful deep fried cheesy balls of goodness were served. 


True, they could have been served in a tower for a more amusing aesthetic, but lets be real, mac and cheese balls served 24/7 probably don’t need to be pleasant on the eye.   

As a preface, I love fried items. Fried chicken, chicken fried steak, french fries, fish and chips, onion rings, fried pickles, fried mochi ice cream, the list can go on forever.  …. However, these balls just were not up to par. The batter was bland and quite thick; it was hollow inside, meaning it did not have enough cheese and honestly, after much excavation, I could not find one macaroni noodle. I ate 2 but could not bring myself to eat anymore.  

 Luckily the peanut butter mocha milkshake made up for the undesirable balls.

Unless you want to avoid reaching any bases this Valentine's Day, I would avoid these balls altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment